YouTube is a video-sharing website where users can upload, view, and share videos. It was founded in 2005 by three former PayPal employees: Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim. The site began as a simple way for people to watch viral videos, but now offers original content produced by professional creators who earn money based on their subscribers and viewers.
In 2016, YouTube had 1.9 billion average unique visitors per month. As of February 2017, over 2 billion hours of content were watched each day across the world. In this blog, we will discuss “How to Download YouTube Videos for Desktop & Mobile In 2022″.
Features to Look for in A YouTube Downloading Tool:
A good tool should be simple to use without any complicated steps. When using a tool that is complicated, users may get frustrated and quit before they even get started. If a user has to spend hours trying to figure out how to download videos from a website, then he/she might just give up altogether.
In addition, if a tool is not intuitive, it can cause confusion among users who do not know how to effectively use it. As a result, many users end up wasting time downloading videos that aren’t worth watching.
- Speed: The speed at which the tool downloads videos is extremely important. If the download speeds are slow, then the video quality will suffer. You want to make sure that the tool is able to download videos at a fast rate without any interruptions.
- User-Friendly Interface: You should be able to navigate the interface easily. When using a tool, you want to have an intuitive experience. If you cannot find what you need, then you may not use the tool again.
- Video Quality: When looking for a tool to download videos, you want to make sure that they offer high-quality videos. You do not want to get a low-quality video file.
- Compatibility: Make sure that the tool works with all devices. You do not want a tool that only works with certain devices.
- Free Trial: If you are going to pay for the tool, then you want to try it out first before paying for it. Most tools give you a free trial period where you can test the product out.
- Price: You should not pay a lot of money for a YouTube downloading tool. There are many free tools out there that do the same thing as paid ones. So, you can always try them first before buying a paid version.
- Customer Support: Customer support is something that you should consider if you are going to buy a tool. You should find a tool that offers good customer support.
- Security: A safe tool should be able to protect your privacy and not store any information about your account. Also, it should provide various options for password protection.
How to Download YouTube Videos for Desktop:
Downloading videos from YouTube requires some technical know-how and knowledge of how browsers work. If you want to download content from YouTube, there’s no need to use third-party software.
- First, make sure you have a computer with an internet connection. If you don’t have a computer at home or aren’t able to borrow one, then you should use someone else’s computer.
- Next, open a web browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. You need to download the Youtube Video Downloader extension first. Once downloaded, go back to your browser and search for youtube videos. Then click install after downloading. After installation completes, you’ll be able to watch the video without any issues.
- While watching a video, if you find it hard to keep scrolling down through the page, press ctrl+A on your keyboard. This will allow you to select the text, which you can copy and paste into a word document.
How Do You Download YouTube Videos with a Virtual Desktop?
Virtual Desktops are programs where you can save files onto a program called a VM (virtual machine). A VM is similar to real hardware; however, it is completely software-based. You have control over the size of the hard drive and memory space for the file. You can even create multiple VMs at once and manage them individually.
- Open the video you want to download onto a virtual desktop using the Play icon under the video player.
- While playing the video you want to save, press Ctrl + P to bring up the Save Video As dialog box.
- Click Save to download the video.
- In the pop-up box, select where you would like to store the downloaded video. If you don’t have a Google account, you’ll need to create one first.
- Once you’re logged in, you should now see your newly uploaded video listed in your Google Drive folder.
- Right-click on the video and choose “Save Link As…” to save the video to your computer.
VLC Media Player is one of our favorite applications for downloading videos from YouTube. If you have never tried using VLC before, it is worth checking out. Here are some quick tips on how to download videos from YouTube using VLC:
- Open VLC Media Player: VLC is an open-source video player application that supports many file formats. To download videos from YouTube, you need to use VLC Player.
- In the Open Network Stream window, select YouTube Video URL (URL) and click OK.
- Select the Output Format
- You can choose between MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, MKV, WebM, WEBM, etc.
- Start Watching!
- Once the video starts playing, you can stop watching at any time.
Downloading YouTube videos on mobile phones is not difficult at all. There are various ways to download YouTube videos on mobile phones. However, we have listed some of the best methods below.
In order to download YouTube videos on Android devices, you need to use third-party applications. These apps allow users to download YouTube videos directly onto their devices without having to go through any website.
- If you are using iOS devices, then you can easily download YouTube videos using the Safari browser. All you need to do is to enter the video URL and click on the “Download” button.
- Another way to download YouTube videos on iPhone or iPad is to use the official YouTube app. Once installed, open the app and tap on the search icon. Type in the name of the video and select the desired video. After selecting the video, tap on the share icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen. Then, tap on the “Save to Camera Roll” option.
- If you want to download YouTube videos on Windows Phone, then you can follow these steps. Open the web browser and type in the URL of the video you wish to download. Click on the “Open in default application” option. Select the video you want to download and click on the “Save” button.
- If you are looking for how to download YouTube videos on Blackberry 10, then you need to make sure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network before downloading any video. Go to the home screen, press and hold the menu button, and select the “Settings” option. Select the “Wireless & Networks” option. Scroll down until you find the “Wi-Fi settings” option. Now, turn on the “Internet connection sharing” option. Tap on the “OK” button to save the changes.
- To download YouTube videos on “Nokia Lumia devices”, you need to open the browser and type in the address of the video you wish. After tapping on the link, select the “Save video” option. Press “Yes” to save the video.
- Finally, if you are searching for how to download YouTube on the Kindle Fire HDX tablet, then you can download videos from YouTube.com by going to the Amazon Appstore. Search for the YouTube app and install it. After installing, launch the app and navigate to the video you want to watch. Tap on the three dots icon and select the “Share” option. Choose the “Copy Link Address” option to copy the video URL.
- Once you have copied the URL, paste it into the URL bar of the Kindle Fire HDX tablet and click on the “Go” button. Your video should now be downloaded on your Kindle Fire HDX tablet.
Different browsers to download youtube videos:
If you are still unable to download YouTube videos on your mobile phone, then you may try using different browsers. Different browsers offer different features and options that help users to download YouTube videos.
- Google Chrome
Google Chrome is known as one of the best browsers out there. You can use it to search for anything online without any issues. However, if you want to download videos off YouTube, then you need to use a software called a “YouTube Downloader”. So what exactly is a youtube downloader? Well, it’s basically just a program that helps you save videos from YouTube onto your computer. All you have to do is install it on your computer and then visit your favorite website like YouTube. Once you’re done browsing, you simply click on the download button and the video will automatically start downloading!
Google Chrome browser offers a feature called “Download helper extension”. This feature helps users to download YouTube videos on their computers.
- Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is a great browser. If you already own it, then you know how fast and convenient it is to navigate websites using it. But if you don’t, then get it now! It’s a free product that comes bundled with Windows 10. It’s a simple, elegant browser that’s great at searching and finding information across the web. And while it doesn’t allow users to download videos from YouTube, it does let them upload files to their cloud storage account.
Mozilla Firefox browser also offers a similar feature called “Add-on Video Downloader”. This add-on helps users to download YouTube clips on their computers.
- Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is Microsoft’s flagship internet browser. Even though it was once popular, it’s not being updated anymore so we recommend trying something else. Plus, some people still prefer to use it instead of Google Chrome.
Internet Explorer 11 provides users with a function called “Click to Play”. This feature enables users to play online videos on their PC without having to download them first.
- Opera mini:
Opera is a free and open-source internet browser. Not only does it perform well, but it’s also pretty straightforward to navigate. To download videos from YouTube, go to your browser and type in www.youtube.com/watch?vVIDEO_ID and press enter. Then you’ll be able to access the video page where you can easily view or download it.
Opera Mini browser offers a similar feature called “Video Downloader”. This feature helps users to save YouTube videos on their computer without needing to download them first.
Safari is a third-party alternative to Google Chrome. You can download videos from YouTube using it. Just follow the instructions above, but replace Chrome with Safari on your computer.
Edge is the default browser on Windows 10. It performs really well and can even block ads on websites. But, if you’re looking for a good way to download videos from YouTube then you should try using a different browser. We suggest downloading videos from Edge.
Vivaldi is a free web browser created by Vivaldi Technologies AS. To download videos from youtube, you’ll have to use the YTD video downloader extension.
What is YouTube batch downloading?
Batch downloading is a feature that allows users to download videos at once instead of having to wait until each video is downloaded individually. When using batch downloading, users are able to save time and bandwidth while watching videos.
How does YouTube batch downloading work?
When you click on the “download” button, you will notice that it says “Downloading” under the title. Once the video is fully downloaded, the status will change to “Completed”. You may then choose to watch the video immediately or delete it. If you want to watch the video later, you can always re-download it.
Why should I use YouTube batch downloading?
YouTube batch downloading is great if you have a slow internet connection. Instead of waiting hours for a single video to load, you can just download them all at once. Another benefit of batch downloading is that you don’t need to worry about accidentally deleting any files.
Look for a tool that provides many useful features; this includes a video downloader, music player, screen recording, etc. If you are using the free version should have no ads and should allow you to download videos without any restrictions. If the free version is not ad-free, then you should look elsewhere.
Users should make sure that their selected tool provides free trials. Many people think that they can save money by purchasing a tool only after they’ve tried it out thoroughly. However, this isn’t always true. Most people find out that they want to purchase a tool later on.
At this point, they feel compelled to buy it since they already spent money. This is where they discover that they cannot use the tool properly. Therefore, they end up spending additional money on something that doesn’t work well for them. To avoid this problem, users should choose a tool that gives them a chance to try it out first before buying it.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I download videos directly from YouTube?
Yes! You can download any video from YouTube. Just click the link at the top of the page that says “YouTube” and then select the video you want to download. If you have already downloaded YouTube, just open the file and start watching it right away.
How do I download youtube videos directly from my computer?
If you want to download videos directly from your computer,
- Go to the web browser of your choice (like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Search for “youtube”.
- A list of results will show up. Select the video you want to save and press the “download” button or right-click
- Choose “Save Video As…”. That’s it!
How do I download YouTube videos directly without the Internet?
You can download videos directly from YouTube even if you don’t have an active internet connection. Click Save Changes. Now you should be able to download videos using Google Drive.
Does YouTube offer a desktop app for downloading videos?
No, YouTube does not currently offer a desktop application for downloading videos. However, you can use third-party software like Miro, VLC Media Player, or Kodi to play videos while they’re being downloaded.
Do you need to install any plugins to watch YouTube videos offline?
No, you don’t need to install any plugins or download anything extra. All you need to do is visit the URL mentioned above.
Can I watch YouTube videos online without an Internet connection?
Yes! In order to watch YouTube videos on mobile devices, you do not need to connect to the Internet. Just visit YouTube via WiFi or a cellular data network.
What happens if I try to download a YouTube video but end up deleting it before it’s finished?
Don’t worry about losing the video you were trying to download. You can always download the same video again. Just make sure you download the video only once and keep it safely saved somewhere safe.
Is Downloading YouTube Videos Legal?
Yes, it’s legal. YouTube videos are not illegal. There are no laws prohibiting people from downloading them. If you want to download YouTube videos, then do so. You have nothing to worry about. In fact, if you’re looking to save money, you may actually benefit from downloading YouTube videos instead of purchasing them.
Can you download all of the most popular videos from Youtube?
Yes, absolutely. You can download all of the most popular videos from YouTube. Just look at the list of categories on YouTube. You’ll notice some categories will say Unlisted, with a lock icon. That means those videos aren’t allowed to appear on the front page of YouTube. But they’re still available to download for free. All you have to do is visit the Uploaded By section of each category and you’ll see thumbnails of the most popular videos. Just click on the thumbnail and save the file anywhere you wish. It won’t take long before you’ve downloaded the entire directory of YouTube videos.